Canteen-Credit for students in need
The vouchers for the canteens and cafeterias of the Studierendenwerk Bremen are only be granted to students who are enrolled at
- Universität Bremen
- Hochschule Bremen
- Hochschule Bremerhaven
- Hochschule für Künste Bremen
A cash grant of € 100 will be awarded. This amount is loaded onto the Mensacard. A cash payment isn‘t possible. So that as many students as possible benefit from it, the support is only given once per semester and within the limits of the available funds. The support is a voluntary service provided by the Studierendenwerk Bremen, so there is no legal entitlement. Free meals are only granted to students who, through no fault of their own, find themselves in serious financial distress and are therefore prevented from completing their studies properly. A committee made up of representatives of the Studierendenwerk decides on the allocation.
- The award will only be given if a written application has been submitted that provides comprehensive information about the financial hardship of the applicant.
- The application must be submitted to the social counseling of the Studierendenwerk Bremen by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Sozialberatung wg. Freitischantrag
- Recipients of BAföG benefits or full scholarships are not entitled to this cash benefit unless they can prove that they are in an exceptional financial emergency despite the support.
- When applying, no leave of absence may be taken for the application period.
- The following documents must be attached to the application:
- completed application for the granting of cash benefit (according to the appendix),
- current certificate of enrollment,
- bank statements from one month retrospectively from the day the application.
Important note: Please fill out the attached application completely and truthfully and enclose the receipts and documents required for processing. Missing documents will result in the application not being forwarded to the committee for a decision. The applicant will be informed of the decision in writing.