1. How do I apply for an accommodation place?
Simply online at www.stw-bremen.de/de/wohnraumantrag. For a room in a shared flat, please see Point 11.
2. When can I apply?
You can apply to us for accommodation whenever you wish, and we will be happy to add you to our list of applicants. However, you will only be entitled to accommodation if all the documents required for our application for accommodation have been submitted. It is very important to submit the certificate of enrollment from the University Bremen, Hochschule Bremen, HfK Bremen or Hochschule Bremerhaven as soon as possible after you have been accepted to study.
3. Can I reject a housing offer?
Anyone who rejects a housing offer can only apply for a place in our shared apartments. There is no entitlement to the assignment of another place. Exceptions apply to study related absence.
4. Can I also rent a room as a »non-student«?
No. See requirements according to Section 2.
5. How will I be kept informed?
The apartments are allocated according to a list of applicants. If available, you will be automatically informed by e-mail.
6. What types of accommodation are available?
Rooms in shared flats and apartments are available.
7. What is a room in a shared flat?
You rent a room and share the bathroom / WC and the kitchen with other people in the flat.
8. What is an apartment?
A self-contained accommodation unit with its own small kitchen and its own bathroom.
9. Are there any family flats available?
A limited number of family apartments are available. A telephone consultation is recommended.
10. Is the accommodation furnished?
Yes. However, the furnishings can vary in the individual residential complexes. However, you must bring household items and bedding with you.
11. What is included in the rent?
All ancillary costs, including internet access.
12. Can I apply for a room in an existing shared flat?
For rooms in shared flats, the flat share residents have a say. Here, the consent of the respective flat share must be obtained from the applicant. You can contact the flat share directly via the homepage. However, the requirements according to number 2 must be met.
13. How long can I stay in student union accommodation?
A maximum of 60 months.
14. Can the 60 month maximum period of residence be extended?
In sufficiently justified and exceptional cases, an extension of the residence period may be granted on request. (Application for extension of rent period)
15. Do I need to provide a deposit?
Yes. Before the agreement begins you will need to make the 1st rental payment and provide a deposit.
16. Where do I get the key for my accommodation?
From the relevant concierge at an arranged time.
17. Does the accommodation have clothes washing facilities?
Yes. All the accommodation facilities have washing machines and dryers which can be used for a small charge.
18. Is there parking space for my car?
Most accommodation facilities have car parks.
19. Is there somewhere to store my bicycle?
Yes, in all our accommodation facilities.
20. What conditions do I need to comply with if I wish to sub-let?
For subletting, the application provided for this purpose must be completed in full and submitted with all the necessary documents to the person responsible for the respective residential complex at least 3 weeks before the start. See the sublease application for more information.